The Vollrath Company LLC (Vollrath) warrants to the original commercial end user that each of Vollrath’s foodservice products (Products) will be free from defects in materials and workmanship. This warranty is for the following periods (Warranty Period):
- for all Products listed on the attached table, the Warranty Period is the period shown in the table for each Product;
- for all other Products, the Warranty Period is one year.
In all cases, the Warranty Period begins on the date of the end user’s purchase as shown in the sale documentation. To be valid, a warranty claim must be asserted during the applicable Warranty Period. This warranty applies only to the original commercial end-user and is not transferable without Vollrath’s prior written consent.
This warranty does not apply to:
- Products purchased for any use other than standard commercial foodservice.
- Damage resulting from:
- Shipping, accident, neglect, or improper installation, setup or use.
- Failure to follow operating instructions and/or scheduled maintenance procedures.
- Modification of Products in any manner from original model, substitution of parts other than factory authorized parts, unauthorized removal or unauthorized addition of any parts.
- Normal wear and tear.
VOLLRATH’S WARRANTY OBLIGATION
If any Product manufactured by Vollrath is found to not conform to the warranty set forth above, Vollrath’s sole obligation is to repair or, at Vollrath’s option, replace the Product.
NO OTHER WARRANTIES
THE ABOVE WARRANTY IS EXCLUSIVE. VOLLRATH PROVIDES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. NO MODIFICATION OR WAIVER OF ANY PROVISIONS OF THIS WARRANTY IS BINDING ON VOLLRATH UNLESS CONTAINED IN A WRITING SIGNED BY AN OFFICER OF VOLLRATH.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL VOLLRATH BE LIABLE TO THE ORIGINAL END USER OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE SALE, USE OR INSTALLATION OF THE PRODUCTS, INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF USE OR LABOR COSTS.
HOW TO OBTAIN WARRANTY SERVICE
- Warranty work must be authorized in advance by Vollrath.
- The original end-user must contact the Vollrath Technical Service support line at telephone number (800) 628-0832. The caller must have access to the product when the call is placed.
- The technical service representative will work with the end-user over the phone to diagnose the issue and provide a service solution. Issues that cannot be resolved over the phone may require the assistance of a Vollrath-authorized service agent. Service solutions may include:
- Return of the Product to Vollrath or, upon Vollrath’s request, to a Vollrath authorized service agent, for analysis of problem, determination of warranty applicability, and service. The end-user is responsible for any freight or travel charges connected with the return of the Product.
- Repair by Vollrath or an authorized service agent.
- If, in Vollrath’s judgment, repair is not possible or feasible, Vollrath will replace the Product. If Vollrath replaces the Product, Vollrath may request the end-user to return the original Product to Vollrath. Failure to promptly return the requested original Product will result in the end-user being billed for it. Vollrath will provide free shipping for the return of the requested original Product.
If Vollrath or the service agent determines the issue is not covered by the warranty, the end-user will be charged for all service related charges, including parts, diagnosis, repair and service agent travel. Therefore, the service agent will require credit card or payment/billing information before providing service.
The following information is required for processing a warranty service request:
- Name and phone number of point of contact
- End-user’s business name and business address
- Item number & serial number
- Date of purchase and proof of purchase (Receipt)
- Name of dealer where the Product was purchased
- Credit card or payment/billing information
- Description of the product failure
Vollrath will not process warranty claims that do not follow these warranty procedures.
Exceptions to Standard Warranty
Standard warranty period is 1 year parts & labor except as noted in the following table. As Vollrath’s only responsibility and the purchaser’s only remedy, for any breach of warranty, Vollrath will repair or, at its option, replace the defective product or part without charge.
Standard Warranty Exceptions
¹ Service option is not available for this product. Vollrath will offer product replacement at no charge. Unit – is the entire product, as a whole.
Replacement Parts – These are not wear parts.
Wear Parts – These parts will wear out over time and are not covered by warranty.