Ensure safe food handling by following these important guidelines and by using our color-coding chart to control food contact.
- Require strict personal hygiene for all employees.
- Follow HACCP guidelines for preventing cross-contamination and storing and handling food.
- Cook or heat food to above the recommended minimum temperature.
- Keep hot foods hot: 140°F (60°C) and cold foods cold: 40°F (4°C).
- Chill cooked food to 40°F (4°C) within four hours.
- Reheat food to an internal temperature of at least 165°F (74°C) within two hours.
- Clean and sanitize food-contact surfaces and equipment before and after every use and at least every four hours during continual use.
- Use Vollrath products to maximize food safety in your operation.
A convenient and easy way to control food contact and cross-contamination. Ideal for HACCP programs.